Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Two Socks


My socks don't match! On purpose! I am a wild and crazy person! I bought a pair of mismatched socks! My life is crazy! On purpose!

Okay, okay...I'll settle down. Actually, these are very comfortable socks--I bought two pairs. There is a shop on 9th Avenue (two and a half blocks from me) called Great Stuff. It's a hodge podge of weird, fun or unusual items that one never needs but serve the purpose of making one smile. These socks are made in Vermont, and no two pairs are alike because THEY AREN'T PAIRS. I have a sneaky suspicion that the manufacturer (some grandmother in a forest of maples?) has a bunch of leftover yarn from baby blankets and scarves and thinks to herself, "Now what can I do with this yarn?"

:)

2 comments:

dkearns72 said...

Queen Anne's Lace.

Jo Jardin said...

Yes, YES!

Ahahahahaha!