Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Knot, Part One

I'm going to take this in parts.  It's easier to unravel one thread at a time.

Things you should know about my current mood:

  • Not the product of hormonal cycles.  I have two weeks until that.
  • Not due to the weather.  Sun's out.
  • Not due to money issues.  Yet.
  • Not due to current events.
I have spent the weekend, and will probably continue to spend the coming week, trying to determine what causes it.  I do know this much:
  • Whenever I walk away from the internet for entire days, the feeling abates.
And what is that feeling, you ask?
  • Loneliness
  • Hopelessness
  • Uselessness
  • Lack of ambition (on my part)
  • Lack of creativity (on my part)
Why do I pick on the internet?  Because:
  • My relationship with the Internet/Social Network feels like I'm married to a Yankee shortstop
  • Said Spouse treats everyone else so well, and supports the kids (the "kids" here being my blogs) for free
  • Everyone else loves the Spouse for the money they make, the sexy look they have, and the way they can do EVERYTHING
  • Well, everything but create fulfillment.  
Why doesn't the Internet/Social Network bring me happiness?  After all, I explore all of the recommendations I get, I try all of the latest Network options, I follow all of the advice and check in at every interval possible.  I worship and completely support the Internet/Social Network.  Why do I feel like I'm one giant nervous tic, expecting my Virtual Spouse to fix "it?"  I don't even know what "it" is.

And why, when I walk away and think for a whole weekend, do I feel like I might be normal again?

Someone needs to get an amicable divorce.  I don't think counseling will work here.

Write on...while I call my lawyer. 

No comments: