Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chicken Soup For Eleanor Rigby's Soul

More and more events tell me to walk away.  Use the laptop for finding a job and walk away from the rest of it.

This will not have a happy ending if you don't, Jo.  It won't be if you do, either.

I love writing.  Is there a way to write and save someone else's soul?  Or am I the perpetual child, the one who saw an optical illusion in the media and started to protest a supposed mirage?

I have two default modes:  humor and finding patterns in the cosmos.  Both require a great deal of trust in myself.  Trust erodes when pieces add up.

I don't think I need to walk away.  I think I need to set up rules for my own internet use.  And then walk away from what I don't understand and what makes me feel like Forrest Gump at the prom.

My anger is aimed at me, folks.  This over-exposure to a media outlet that is not the solution is my fault for painting it to my mind as a box to fight my way out of.  Read.  Respond.  The nature of the response is about to change.

And...

This guy saved my soul tonight.  I'm not alone.

Write on.

No comments: