Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Still Learnin'

Went to the deYoung this morning to see Picasso and was snubbed due to lack of planning (that'll learn ya, Jo), so I came back home and changed clothes (into something cooler), hydrated, had lunch (lots of fruits and veggies and I'm hiking all over creation already--where's the weight loss? Where's the love?), and then decided to catch up on some social networking. The Shut Up and Write facilitator for Wednesday nights finally posted the meeting, and then promptly e-mailed me to ask if I'd host it. Ah, flakiness. But that character trait is his to own, as I said to myself, but I'm just there to show up, shut up, and write.

Natalie Goldberg comes to mind yet again: "Make a positive effort for the good."

I had to remember that last night too, when I thought I was the only one attending the Tuesday Shut Up and Write and someone else showed up at about 15 minutes prior to start. Just make a positive effort for the good. I have to look at this like Zen--if no one shows up, stay, write.

Sooner or later I will be so grounded in this that it won't be a saga. In the meantime, I'm just stunned that no one else is as passionate about this as I am.

Write on.

No comments: