Friday, June 24, 2011

Blank Day

As promised, I didn't get to write much yesterday--in fact, the only thing I finished was my morning pages. And that was completed on Caltrain.

Today may be better, but I'm not holding my breath. I have a lot of housekeeping to do today, and I don't want to execute self-defeating behavior. And there has to be time left over for physical activity occasionally. When I listened to Jane Smiley on Tuesday she talked about how she felt that authors need to fuel themselves with physical activity within writing activity. She rides horses, and her explanation was an answer to "How do you have time?" We tend to make time for what is important to us. The equal balance of intellectual and physical are important to Smiley, as it is to me.

That said, I have some writing to do before the next load of laundry comes out.

Write on.

No comments: