Sunday, January 31, 2010

My Significant Other

There's a scene in the movie "Jerry Maguire" where Renee Zellweger's character explains her reasoning for dating Jerry Maguire to Bonnie Hunt's character. She states that most men she has been with can be beat with a "good book and a warm bath."

I'm there.

And I'm not a man-hater or man-eater. I don't hate men. And while I don't believe that men hate me, I just believe that they have never looked at me. Or want to. They want to use me for something, but they don't want to look at me.

So a friend of mine had a great idea that I'm finally trying. I'm not available. I'm dating me. If a guy asks me out, I'm seeing someone. Me.

I picked me because I'm tired of looking outside of myself for validation that I won't get.

Love on, dear reader.

No comments: