Sunday, April 5, 2009

Living

It struck me again today how little I live and how much I post on Facebook and Twitter. It struck me again today how much like this was in my years of television-watching in Missouri on nights after 10 hours on the customer service phones. Come home. Sit. Rot.

While the Earth rotates outside my window.

But this weekend I got to catch up with two old friends, and those experiences felt like strikes of flint. Tonight I found a tune of Emmylou Harris's that I had lost for 14 years. This afternoon I curled up on the couch and read Fitzgerald without guilt.

I spent time in the sun.

Not so much screen. More words that I can't hold back. More living on my own, without watching someone else have all of the fun on the field.

Put me in, coach. :)

Sleep well, dear reader.

No comments: