Sunday, December 7, 2008

Forget the Job Hunt...

I'm job shopping, instead.

Getting on Craig's List and looking at the "Gigs" section and "Writing" section of employment.

Looking at spaces to write in in SF, like Citizen Space and Sandbox.

Formulating the Bat-plan for the Bat-cave, Bat-girl.

Fuck the recession. Genetically I have about 19 years left. I'm not going to spend them lifting boxes. Maybe the next month, but not the next 19 years.

Hell, I might even go to work in some admin job at UCSF to give me a closer commute.

This, and a warning...my attitude is pretty bad...I'm at a point where I can't even muster up fake enthusiasm. So I may get fired first. That's a bigger hurdle but it may be the healthiest thing that ever happened to me.

Optimism in the face of fear. Perhaps I have seen one too many 2008 presidential elections or one too many movies about successful civil leaders. ;)

All I have to say is that this much blogging has made me really brave. I guess that is what you would call a woman. This attitude on a man would be called self-esteem.

;)

No comments: