Saturday, November 24, 2007

Susan Sarandon Said It Best...


My brother and his girlfriend are here for the weekend, thanks to the holiday, and despite the fact that I had to work yesterday it's still been good. We whipped up quite a feast on Thursday; here is the list:


  • Cornish game hens, with a stuffing of red grapes, shallots, and thyme

  • My mother's stuffing recipe

  • Mashed potatoes with red, Yukon gold, and purple potatoes (to see purple potatoes you'll have visit my previous Yahoo 360 site)

  • Cranberry relish with pom seeds on top

  • Green peppers grown in my brother's backyard in Fresno

  • Rhubarb pie

Earlier in the day I was watching NYC on the television, and they broke with the parade for a moment on Good Morning America and talked to Susan Sarandon about "Enchanted"...at the end of the interview they asked her what her Thanksgiving plans were. She went to that calm and peaceful place that Sarandon does so well and started with, "Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday...the only thing you have to buy is food." Mine too, Susan. A holiday of nurturing. VERY well done.


Later gators...the sun is rising and I'm sure my brother has a desire for a full day ahead. :)

No comments: