Saturday, October 13, 2007

Writing on the Wall, Or, Speaking of Promotions

This week my boss said something to me about 200 of our employees getting laid off at our company headquarters in the Midwest.

Okay, those of you faithful readers who have forgotten, let's flip back to the old blog for a second...

What has Jo already experienced twice since moving to the Golden State?

One of the office guys said, "Oh, yeah, but I've always found that the jobs in the branches are the safe ones. They do this all the time."

So naive...at Tilia some nut in marketing made that same comment...and got her pink slip shortly after customer service was kicked out.

You would think this would make me nervous...

But I'm used to it by now. :)

2 comments:

dkearns72 said...

This might be apropos:

http://tinyurl.com/28ldne

Jo Jardin said...

Great...

Well, this makes me feel a little less like the state's picking on me...

:)