Friday, September 14, 2007

Fridays Are the Worst

In customer service, particularly in business to business sales, Fridays are the worst. Your customers were supposed to get things for their bosses on Monday, and forget to order them (and therefore need them immediately) until Friday.

The calls are crazy and the guys at the counter sometimes get a little punchy. Still, I have my good men, who can make it on their own.

I have been so worn out lately taking up the slack everywhere for everyone else, and letting my roommate hog the living room in her unemployment/Netflix/guitar game craze.

But right now, dear reader...

She is out. I have the windows open in the living room and in my bedroom. I am sitting in the living room in peace. Shortly I will have some wine and listen to music. My heart and eyes are on a beautiful sunset. The wind pushes gently through the window, caressing my face, nesting my cheeks with my hair. This was the California I dreamt about before the nightmare. This was what I wanted.

"I'm going home
To my City by the Bay..."

I hope the workweek was kind to you, and, if not, I hope that prospects look better soon.

Selah, and sleep well.

No comments: