Friday, October 28, 2011

NaNoWriMo and Baseball's "Off" Season

Just a quick program note, boys and girls:  Yours truly is going to attempt National Novel Writing Month (commonly known as NaNoWriMo to the inside crowd) this year.

However, I have no intention of getting a novel done with this exercise.  Instead, the focus is to learn the long-term habit of working on a novel daily.  Some things, of course, will have to be compromised.  Beginning Tuesday, November 1st, I will be in a more limited or non-extistant capacity in one or more of the following while I devote myself to my "baby":

  • Facebook
  • Foursquare
  • Twitter
  • Meetup
  • Blogger
  • Rotten Tomatoes
  • GoodReads
  • Email
  • Texting
I'm kidding on the last two...of COURSE I'll check those just as faithfully.  (#Maybe #JustKidding)

Think of it as my maternity leave while I hatch this evil plan to win readers.  Have a great Thanksgiving, all, and I'll catch you again in December.

If you missed this post, you can catch it again in its entirety here.

Write on.

No comments: