Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Study

So, stop me if you've heard this one.

Frustrated writer is tired of feeling around in the dark for a light switch.  Resets focus with combination of new blog goals and emulating quest blogs from publications like The New Yorker magazine.

Yeah.  Tired, right?

Still, it seems the best remedy for now...at least enough of a remedy to allow me to look forward to blogging again.  I get tired of whining and look forward to an action plan.  It's like a lesson plan for life, and we already know how much I miss college.

So narrowing focus point number one:  resist writing from the point of resident expert blogging and commence writing from the point of view of quest blogging.  Here's the difference, in travel blogging examples:

  • Resident expert:  "When in San Francisco, you should go here, then there, then everywhere."
  • Quest literature:  "Since living in San Francisco, I have gone here, but not there yet.  Everywhere is on the list for me to visit.  Here was foggy until 10:30 am..."
Make sense?

God knows I am NO RESIDENT EXPERT IN ANYTHING THAT ANY SANE PERSON SHOULD EMULATE UNDER ANY CONDITION.  Hence, I'll go back to discovery.

Which, coincidentally, is my favorite motivation for writing.  I just keep forgetting that fact in a world of sheep praying for shepherds.

I'll leave the expertise up to those shepherds.  I've been known to read them myself.

Write on.

No comments: