Monday, July 18, 2011

Back to Basics

The last two days of contemplation on my writing have been full-circle lessons in why I write. The more that I attend these writing groups, the more that I drift into a sense of making the experience better, and, at the end of the day, sometimes you have to chop off an arm to save yourself from an injured hand.

So this week I'm proud to say that I only have two writing group meetings with my current writing group, and I have no expectations with the new one that I'm trying. We won't be writing at the new one, either. How weird for me after all this time.

As to the current writing group, I'm going to have to keep a copy of Natalie Goldberg with me, and let a lot of stuff go. The leadership staff is going to make my life miserable with that group from now on, and I have to find some way to get over that and just write--I will keep myself available to new writers and offer support, but as to the popularity contest...it's back to being like a group of managers. Trick is now to disregard that and move on with bigger things.

Like me, writing.

Write on.

No comments: