Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Gertie

I had a very full day yesterday--beating the dead horse that is San Francisco's fascination of Gertrude Stein downtown. I knew very little about her before I left yesterday morning, and, by the end of the day, I had drank the Kool-Aid and enjoyed the taste.

I never enjoyed Stein's writing, and still don't, honestly. She plays with words to the point where they are supposed to be profound, and I just find them, um, spent. But her life was fascinating. She was a tomboy, and full of herself, and yet kind, and...well, I cannot write well about the experience yet, so I'll lay off for now. A blog on it, somewhere (or maybe more than one), is sure to come.

I've also been fighting with how much to share on-line via networking...I have no problem with Twitter, but Facebook seems like a waste of time. Still mulling it over though...more on that to come.

Write on.

No comments: