Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lead Dog

Every week since I've left Grainger, with the exception of two, I've been asked to substitute-facilitate a Meetup for my writing group.

My original intention of meeting with a group of like-minded folks who are committed to their writing has changed to, at least once a week, a lesson in patience with people who don't respect other group members or a facilitator enough to show up on time. If I'm not facilitating I can deal with that pretty well because I don't have to greet people until after the hour is called, but if I'm facilitating I have to get settled and start over when some of them show up half way into the session.

This is usually for a Meetup that takes me two bus lines to get to.

I know what I need to do...I just don't want to do it. :/

Write on, dear writer.

No comments: