Monday, July 7, 2008

Embarrassing

Yeah, um, after working a 10-hour day on my feet and standing for a half-hour in the Oakland dust of 91 degrees, I arrived at the BART station at the Embarcadero and couldn't get out. "See Agent."

Turns out the ticket was unreadable.

Now, before you ask...

Yes, I store the ticket in a precarious-to-get-lost and inconvenient place JUST SO THE DAMN THING WILL NOT LOSE ITS MAGNETISM.

AND IT STILL FUCKIN' LOST ITS MAGNETISM.

The agent thought he would be helpful and gave me a nearly spent ticket and told me to try that. NOPE. I can't imagine why that wouldn't work since he was storing them in a box with other nearly spent tickets...

>:{

I lost it. I nearly begged, twice, to be let out. I WAS TIRED, FOR CHRIST'S SWEET SAKE.

He finally just let me through the gate.

And humor me for tonight and tell me a dream of the EZ Rider card working much better when I finally get it.

No tips or tricks. I'm working on getting a job back in my City. I feel like The English Patient out there in Oakland.

No comments: