Sunday, February 3, 2008

Encouraged By the Product Line, Jo Reviews Hewlett-Packard

NEVER BUY AN HP LAPTOP.

Maybe their desktop computers are better.

Anyway, my review is...

NEVER BUY AN HP LAPTOP.

The reason why in a moment. But first, you should know that for at least the next week and a half, or until the POS laptop that I purchased comes back, Blog 365 will be on the Twitter feed that you see to your right on the screen. Also please be advised that any comments, e-mails, links, etc that my readers send me or that I may normally follow won't be followed during this period either...or, if I get three seconds to check something, then it will be to check it, not respond to it. You can keep 'em coming, but I'm going silent for a bit.

Now...

My first laptop was an HP, purchased just before I came out here in 2004. It died in August of 2006.

I purchased a new HP laptop the same day that Bess died February 24, 2007, and this morning it died as well. "Something," said the technician about this problem, "of a motherboard issue with this model..."

So no e-mail went out? You HP wunderkinds are just waiting for my computer to roast before you deal with it?

They are taking care of it for free, but in the meantime no podcasts, no blogs, no news, no e-mail, because starting tomorrow the month from H-E-L-L at work starts, where we are down four guys and I have to be all four and do my job too, and the writing was keeping me from jumping off the f-in' workplace roof.

Longhand.

AGAIN.

*Sigh*

And I'm not spending $7 a day and/or living at work to write the blogs, because they will be crappy ones that just frustrate me anyway. SOOOOoooo...

Another regroup and I will see you all on Twitter for a while. My profound apologies. And hopefully I'll be a lot less crabby when I come back to write this out...or I can find a free and unoccupied computer soon.

Best to you and I will think of you all often...

Jo

No comments: