Sunday, January 27, 2008

Mating For Life, One Day At a Time

There comes some point in the game or the war where you play point to point just to get enough space to plan for the big picture again.

SO, on the eve of my brother moving even farther away to San Diego and my job getting more difficult by the day and meeting men who want only my body and only part time...

I take the morning.

The sun burned golden the gray clouds this morning. I pulled a parka over my pyjamas and walked to the co-op bakery for brioche and to Jamba Juice for nutrition. The sun was using the clouds as a canvas, painting light on the sky without shining through it. On my way back, it began to rain, like a windy mist, like ocean spray. I didn't even put my hood up. Red hair. Green eyes.

Everything in golden rain.

I came back here and felt the peace and now know that today will be okay. Tomorrow will not be good, but it is what it is until I can change it.

We fight the fights that are worth fighting. And live to see the next one.

Selah, dear reader.

No comments: