Sunday, January 20, 2008

And Now, At the Request of DK...



This is the typing desk, with leaves down, which is the only way I can fit it into the space it's in. Note the strategically placed swim goggles and cap on the stack of Salvadorean novels. Someday I will swim again--this year if God loves me.


This desk was used at the apartment in Sunnyvale as a table for the hibachi grill on the balcony, so there are creosote stains in the top, which I cover with different placemats. The piece originally came from a building my brother was renovating in Columbus--MS would renovate old and abandoned apartments and offices there and depending on the situation would get to take the furniture home.


The brass plate that is barely visable in the close-up is stamped in raised, cursive letters with:

Hi-Lo Typewriter Stand

Pat. Pend. Trade Mark Reg

Phila. Pa

by METALSTAND


Someday I'll figure out the Hi-Lo part...for now it's just low. :)

1 comment:

dkearns72 said...

most excellent! what about pictures of the views out ur windows now?