Tuesday, November 13, 2007

As A Canyon Comes Between...F, L, and C Continue

I think I have bit off more than I can chew with this approaching the F, L, and C thing like a bull in a china shop. Sort of flung weight around and talked myself in some circles.

WHAT DID I TELL YOU, READER? DIDN'T I WARN YOU I AIN'T NO REAL WRITER, THAT I JUST PLAY ONE ON TV?

(Insert author laughter here.)

I was going to do a post tonight about what costs and benefits I feel I bring to relationships and jobs. I was nothing if not cocky. I was ready to GO, baby. (Okay, don't know where the Kerouac that came from, sorry...) But then I felt the reins a little...I have people reading this, and all of them make sense, and all of them are SAYING DIFFERENT THINGS in response to my thoughts.

Great. (Sigh.)

Please keep in mind that the comments are welcome, wanted.

You people are just making me THINK, is all... (Laughter continues.)

SOOOOoooo...

Small disclaimer: I don't claim to be a coherent writer. I just dump the puzzle pieces on the card table and hope I can snap 'em all together in a decent time frame. I think I picked out one of those Puzz 3D's this time, though. And snapping the pieces together for the dome of the Capitol building is NOT going to anywhere near easy.

Keep the comments coming. I'm still thinking and shaping. I'll try to pick out smaller bites so that I don't choke.

And, to paraphrase Ronald Reagan on his writings in his college paper: "God bless you people for reading this drivel."

With a smile, I turn in. Selah, dear reader, writer, friends. Sleep well.

3 comments:

dkearns72 said...

forget NaBloPoMo, here is the TRUE blogging challenge: say what u actually think without causing relationship carnage across multiple state lines, generations, worldviews, and friendships.....

good luck with it. :)

Jo Jardin said...

Papa don't take my NaBloPoMo away-y-ay...

(Grins.)

Sounds like the gauntlet has been laid, although it's going to be impossible to piss me off...discussion of any kind on this topic, heated or otherwise, will only lend to my understanding of it.

This time from Nelly Furtado: "So say what you want to, say what you want..."

And I have no disrespect for anyone who chooses to abstain from the argument, or even jumps in with an inappropriate comment. About the only thing I'll remove at this stage are comments written as spam in a different language.

The floor is yours, dear reader. For my teacher's sake, I am going to keep turning my compost pile until the material becomes rich enough to grow peonies. Chuck in all the banana peels you want.

dkearns72 said...

Watching with admiration. and, hey, i admit it: jealousy. :)