Sunday, October 28, 2007

Full Calendar

Never woulda thunk it...

The highlights of the day were constructing DNA with Alfonso and getting a date for Thursday afternoon.

Who needs stem cells and un-chapped lips?

:)

*********

826 Valencia is incredibly fulfilling to me, even on days when I don't feel like doing anything, let alone having up energy for the kids. The kid I worked with today was full of questions for a junior high (okay, middle school) student, some of them that I knew he meant to be merely inquisitive and I was honored to answer, but which reminded me that which I miss.

He asked me why I wasn't a teacher.

'Cause I'm a manager. (LAME ANSWER, JO.)

Do you have kids?

No, but I would love kids.

You would make an awesome mom.

Dammit. Don't cry in the modeling clay. Don't cry in the modeling clay.

The best compliment you can get about your motherhood abilities is from a kid that isn't yours when you are trying to teach them something they consider to be a bit overwhelming to learn.

Hard questions. Good day. Things are pivoting and shall change before we know it.